Released in February 2013 your Sony Ericsson Xperia Z smartphone is durable, tough, smart, sleek and dust resistant. Just what you perhaps expect of Sony Ericsson.
Your Xperia Z is the most waterproof smartphone outside of Japan with its IP55 and IP57 rating.
To test your Xperia Z for water resistance Sony have submerged it underwater for 30 minutes - and then test it to make sure it is as good as new.
And for dust resistance ?
Sony place your Xperia Z in a dust chamber and then test its operation - making sure operation is unaffected.
Your Xperia Z is also anything but fragile with tempered glass - both front and back - with anti-shatter coatings.
So - does this make your Sony Ericsson Xperia Z less appealing ?
Absolutely not !
You still have access to the best features you expect from Sony Ericsson.
With a symmetrical and balanced design your Xperia Z looks great.
You can wirelessly share music and photos.
One touch mirroring with Near Field Communication (NFC) technology lets you see content on your smartphone on your NFC enabled Bravia television.
Just bump your smartphone on your Bravia remote control and watch your smartphone content appear on your television.
No cables, no buttons - great stuff !
Ultra sharp videos and photos are brought to life with the same camera components as leading Sony cameras.
2GB RAM and 64GB internal memory, and 1.5GHz processor makes using your applications a breeze.
- Quad Band 2G;
- Tri Band C6603 3G;
- Five Band C6602 3G;
- 6 Band 4G;
- IP57 Rated - Water Resistant At Up To 1Metre Depth And For Up To 30 Minutes;
- 5 Inch TFT Capacitive Multi-touch (up to 10 fingers) Touchscreen;
- Shatterproof Scratch Resistant Screen;
- Vibration Alert;
- 3.5mm Jack Port;
- MicroSD Memory Card Slot - Accepts MicroSD Memory Card Up To 64GB;
- 16GB Internal Memory;
- 2GB RAM;
- Near Field Communication (NFC) Enabled;
- MicroUSB Port;
- 13.1Megapixel Camera, with:
- LED Flash;
- Touch Focus;l
- GEO Tagging;
- Sweep Panorama;
- Face Detection;
- Image Stabilisation;
- Video Recording;
- Video Stabilisation;
- Android v 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) Operating System - Upgradeable to v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean);
- Qualcomm Chipset;
- Quad-core 1.5GHz Processor;
- Adreno 320 Graphics Processing Unit (GPU);
- Proximity Sensor;
- Instant Messaging;
- Push Email;
- SNS Integration;
- Active Noise Cancellation With Dedicated Microphone;
- MP3 Player;
- MP4 Player;
- Voice Memo;
- Voice Dialing;
- Photo Editor;
- Photo Viewer;
- Document Viewer;
- Up To 550 Hours 2G Stand-by Time;
- Up To 530 Hours 3G Stand-by Time;
- Up To 11 Hours 2G Talk Time;
- Up To 14 Hours 3G Talk Time;
- Up To 40 Hours Music Play Time;